Do you ride your motorcycle to work in Seattle? You are in for some changes with the closure of the viaduct and the opening of the new tunnel. Here are some key things that you need to keep in mind.
- The new tunnel will not have exits or entrances downtown. If this is your destination, you will need to find an alternative route.
- A new Alaskan Way road will be built where the current viaduct was located. It will have connections to downtown and no tolls.
- Downtown connections will continue to change as the tunnel opens, roads are built and repaired. 2019 will have many changing traffic patterns so stay informed.
- Future Toll rates will be $1.00 to $2.25 with the Good To Go pass. Pay By Mail rates will be $3.00 to $4.25. Get a pass and save some big money.
- Tolls for the tunnel will start in the Summer of 2019.